As Stephen Covey says in his book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, you need to begin with the exit in mind. This is so true with any business. The ambition of every business owner should be to generate as much wealth as possible from the business they have built up. We will work with you to determine the best exit strategy for you and the business. You can either:
- Franchise/ Licence It
- Sell It
- Take it Public/ IPO
- Pass the Business On/ Or keep It
Selling A Business
Will you exit on your terms. We can help get your business Investor Ready and make it more attractive to potential purchasers/ investors by;
Identifying and profiling likely purchase groups for your business be they outside interests, competitors or the senior management team
Maximise Sales and Profits to ensure that the best possible sale price is acheived.
Systemise your business to the point where it can operate without you having to be involved in the day to day running of getting everything done. This makes it easier for the new owner to come in and take over the business.
Buying A Business
We can help you evaluate purchase opportunities, uncover hidden assets in the business that can be crystalised immediately and provide advice on how to negotiate the best possible deal. If you’re thinking o buying a buisness, we have detailed below 7 questions you need to ask the seller:
- Provide me with an overview of the company from the day you started until today – what have been the greatest successes and the biggest challenges?
- Do you anticipate any problems with me getting credit from your suppliers?
- Do any of your customers account for more than 10% of your business turnover? If yes, who are they?
- Who are the key employee’s and is there a General Manager in place? Are there any employee’s that are critical to the business?
- Why is the business for sale?
- How did you arrive at the asking price?
- Are you willing to finance part of the purchase? If not, Why?